In this video I cover the following:
* What is Arduino?
* What is a sketch?
* What is the Arduino (software) IDE (interactive development environment) arduino-1.0.1
* Arduino philosophy
* We take a look at the Arduno hardware.
* I cover how to download the Arduino Software and drivers and then how to install them.
* What happens when the Arduino USB device driver fails and how to solve it.
* I upload a sketch to the Arduino UNO R3 to test it and blink an LED.
* I discuss the project for tutorial #2, a voltmeter with Min Max Ave.
* I talk about the Sparkfun serial enabled 16 x 2 LCD and the challenges it poses.
Arduino Uno R3 features:
* ATmega328 micro controller
* Input voltage – 7-12V
* 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs)
* 6 Analogue Inputs
* 32k Flash Memory
* 16Mhz Clock Speed